The Fun Part
Brush up on your scuba knowledge and skills. Improve your diving ability, and get your scuba gear ready for your next scuba vacation or diving holiday.
You go over scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training with the NEWHAVEN SCUBA CENTRE Team. Then, practice fundamental skills in a pool or a confined water area. You review:
- Safe diving practices
- Dive planning fundamentals
- Problem management
- Breathing air at depth
- Recreational diving and dive tables: basic knowledge
- Recreational diving and dive tables: dive planning
After you complete the knowledge assessment, you go through the Confined Water Skills Preview. You review information about each skill, why it’s important, points to remember when performing the skill and a short video clip. Completing this section just before practicing is a great way to refresh your knowledge of how each skill is performed.
- The Scuba Review course is particularly beneficial if you:
- Are a PADI Open Water Diver course referral student who wants a refresher prior to making your open water training dives
- Are a PADI Scuba Diver who wants to upgrade to Open Water Diver
- Just haven’t scuba dived in a while and want to get familiar again
To take Scuba Review, you must Have
- a scuba diver certification or be enrolled in a scuba certification course
- Be at least 12 years old
You use all the basic scuba gear. Check with NEWHAVEN SCUBA CENTRE about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find everything you need at NEWHAVEN SCUBA CENTRE.
The Learning Materials You Need
Quickly and effectively review scuba diving fundamentals with PADI’s Scuba Tune-Up Guidebook. Begin by answering a few questions related to dive safety, problem management and dive planning. For example:
- What are the five steps in a pre-dive safety check?
- What is the maximum depth limit for all recreational diving?
- What are the signs and symptoms of decompression sickness?
- At 12meters/ 40 feet a diver runs out of air. Her buddy is more than 60 feet away, what should she do?
- Correct answers will allow you to complete the book quickly. For incorrect answers, you’ll read a brief explanation to help you understand the concept. To purchase this course, contact us at NEWHAVEN SCUBA CENTRE.
only £99.00 all inclusive